MakeMyTrip - Refund

9 of 19 MakeMyTrip reviews

On Monday, 16 February 2015, I did one of the biggest mistakes in my life, and I booked a flight through Makemytrip.com. I've received the Electronic ticket successfully within 20 minutes after making the payment by my credit card. Then, at midnight I checked my email and found a new message from one of the company's representatives called: Kulbir Singh. asking me to provide a photocopy of the credit card (backside and front side) and a photo ID of me. I replied and sent him the front side and informed him that the next day I'll send the backside and my photo id because I don't have them right now. The second day I finished my work and went to my office and sent the rest documents and asked him if everything is ok. but he didn't reply, I checked the booking with AirFrance, and they informed me that the booking has been cancelled completely (without any notification)! I sent Kulbir Singh an email asking him what's wrong!! but he didn't answer, after 3 days he simply replied: "your booking has been cancelled and a full refund of paid amount is in your account" . (USD 1477.00). I checked with my Bank, but they informed me several times that no refund exists in my account! I waited until 1st of March to find a new email in my inbox from other representative called: Ruchi Panchal. (I was sending emails frequently all that period with no replies). Ruchi Panchal stated that he/she wants to track the refund transaction so I have to provide them the following information:

Booking ID Date of Booking E-Mail ID Contact Number Amount Charged Contact Number (Provided at the time of Booking)

I've sent all the requested information quickly and accurately.. and he/ she disappeared until this moment! I've sent many reminders but they used their classic method (ignore the customer)!!

I want my refund immediately!! they delayed it in addition of the damage they caused to me when booking another ticket with a higher price ! I want the money ! or I will file a case against this company!!

All their methods are not convincing !! I feel there's something wrong! How they could cancel a ticket without notification!! for any reason! How could they mess with people's money!! and travel plans !! I want my money Back ASAP.. My experience was MadeMyTrip the worst ever!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Flight Ticket
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #603917 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with MakeMyTrip? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
9 of 19 MakeMyTrip reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 01, 2015 #978713

Dear Amjad,
We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case with our concerned team and found that ticket was cancelled because of risk control check . Please note that full refund for INR 89667.00 has been initiated from our end on 25-Mar-15
with RRN#508420416057 and we hope that same has been credited to your account accordingly. Just in case, if this refund is not credited to your account, then we would
request you to please get in touch with your bank accordingly. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance on the matter. We thank you for contacting
us. Assuring you best of our services. Team-MakeMyTrip Care

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to MakeMyTrip. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about MakeMyTrip.
Filing a new complaint about
×