On Monday, 16 February 2015, I did one of the biggest mistakes in my life, and I booked a flight through Makemytrip.com. I've received the Electronic ticket successfully within 20 minutes after making the payment by my credit card. Then, at midnight I checked my email and found a new message from one of the company's representatives called: Kulbir Singh. asking me to provide a photocopy of the credit card (backside and front side) and a photo ID of me. I replied and sent him the front side and informed him that the next day I'll send the backside and my photo id because I don't have them right now. The second day I finished my work and went to my office and sent the rest documents and asked him if everything is ok. but he didn't reply, I checked the booking with AirFrance, and they informed me that the booking has been cancelled completely (without any notification)! I sent Kulbir Singh an email asking him what's wrong!! but he didn't answer, after 3 days he simply replied: "your booking has been cancelled and a full refund of paid amount is in your account" . (USD 1477.00). I checked with my Bank, but they informed me several times that no refund exists in my account! I waited until 1st of March to find a new email in my inbox from other representative called: Ruchi Panchal. (I was sending emails frequently all that period with no replies). Ruchi Panchal stated that he/she wants to track the refund transaction so I have to provide them the following information:
Booking ID Date of Booking E-Mail ID Contact Number Amount Charged Contact Number (Provided at the time of Booking)
I've sent all the requested information quickly and accurately.. and he/ she disappeared until this moment! I've sent many reminders but they used their classic method (ignore the customer)!!
I want my refund immediately!! they delayed it in addition of the damage they caused to me when booking another ticket with a higher price ! I want the money ! or I will file a case against this company!!
All their methods are not convincing !! I feel there's something wrong! How they could cancel a ticket without notification!! for any reason! How could they mess with people's money!! and travel plans !! I want my money Back ASAP.. My experience was MadeMyTrip the worst ever!
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Rude representatives
- Damage makers
- Loss makers
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flight Ticket
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We booked a stay at the Sandos Playacar with BookVIP and everything was exactly as advertised. I was a little wary due to some negative reviews that I had read..."
- "Our stay at Westgate was more than a 5 star rating and we owe everything to BookVIP. We enjoyed everything the resort offered. We are from Miami,FL and we didn't..."
- "We have recently returned from a fantastic holiday at Adult Luxury Punta Cana. It was one of the best holidays we have had in our 50 years of travel .The..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."